IN CASE OF SICKNESS (ICOS):
A form to save long involved explanations in event of emergency hospitalisation and to provide a full and up to date medical history for medical professionals. If you are unconscious it will assist those treating you in carrying on with your usual medication and ensuring that what they give you does not clash with your current medication. Keep the form in your handbag or wallet.
The ICOD Form is used:
- To make sure loved ones have the information needed to see to your wishes with your funeral.
- To make sure the necessary passwords, account numbers and medical aid detail is available.
- To make sure your Will can be found
- To ensure that no family feuds erupt over small matters when you pass on.
- To ensure you know who to contact and keep informed.
- To give to the Executor of the estate in order that a complete and new set of detailed information is available.
- To ensure that your spouse is put through minimum trauma and stress at this time – correct and accurate information is readily available.
The ICOS Form is used:
- To save long involved explanations in event of emergency hospitalisation.
- To provide a full & up to date medical history for medical professionals.
- To speak for you if you aren’t able to do so for yourself.
- To mitigate the risk of receiving incorrect medication in an emergency.
- To ensure you don’t forget medication information, dosages or names.
- To speed up your receipt of medical treatment in an emergency.
- To ensure that medical professionals are aware of any allergies you may suffer from.
- To ensure that appropriate friends and family can be speedily informed.
- To ensure your personal doctor can be contacted