IN CASE OF SICKNESS (ICOS):
A form to save long involved explanations in event of emergency hospitalisation and to provide a full and up to date medical history for medical professionals. If you are unconscious it will assist those treating you in carrying on with your usual medication and ensuring that what they give you does not clash with your current medication. Keep the form in your handbag or wallet.
The ICOS Form is used:
- To save long involved explanations in event of emergency hospitalisation.
- To provide a full & up to date medical history for medical professionals.
- To speak for you if you aren’t able to do so for yourself.
- To mitigate the risk of receiving incorrect medication in an emergency.
- To ensure you don’t forget medication information, dosages or names.
- To speed up your receipt of medical treatment in an emergency.
- To ensure that medical professionals are aware of any allergies you may suffer from.
- To ensure that appropriate friends and family can be speedily informed.
- To ensure your personal doctor can be contacted